About the Victorian Brass Bedstead Company
We believe purchasing a bed to be a very personal experience, we welcome a visit from you, although catalogues and the powerful graphics on a website give fairly accurate descriptions “beauty is in the eye of the beholder”.
Please contact us to make an appointment. We can supply detailed photographs of the beds on display, but your involvement is very important. We have over 40 years of experience and have sold hundreds of beds to suit all tastes and styles. The vast majority of our beds are antique but we do offer some bespoke lines which can be seen in our showroom. We also offer a restoration service. We have a foundry and workshop and can restore damaged beds to their original condition.
Based in the heart of West Sussex, The Victorian Brass Bedstead Company restore bedsteads to their original glory. Most of these date from 1870 to 1925 and are sourced from all over the world, although originally manufactured in the Midlands. Each one is an original, unique piece.
The Victorian Brass Bedstead Company mainly deals in original bedsteads and offers a comprehensive restoration service. Whether you have found a bedstead from our vast stock or have an existing bedstead that requires refurbishment we can assist.
What Our Customers Say
- "Phil has just delivered so this email is to thank you for doing such a wonderful job on the bed, fantastic. It is the bed my wife had when she was a little girl and it means a lot to her. She is over-the-moon with it!"Bill
- Peter PlantIn the end it was the testimonials that sold me on asking Dan to restore my brass bed and so here’s another one to add to them. I did indeed buy my bed years ago from a junk shop for £100 and stuck it it in the shed convinced I would have it restored some day. I did indeed, after re-inspecting it two months ago, decide to forget about restoration, take it to the recycling centre and forget about it. I did indeed stop and reconsider my decision when the dude at the centre said “Hey that could be a nice bed”. The rest is history. It looks superb. Thanks Dan. (And thanks for taking the trouble to chase me a mile up the road in the summer heat when I forgot to load the irons into the van!)
- Having bought our bed from the this company in 1985 we needed to replace the base. Fabulous help and great service and an even more comfy bed now. Great value for money Highly recommended. ThankyouMarcia Knight
- Having had time to sleep this week in my newly renovated bed, I just wanted to say: Having been initially distraught over the damage caused to our victorian brass bed during our recent house move, what a fantastic job you have done in repairing it! The 2 replacement knuckles to the side irons are a lovely tight fit, and the bed now sits squarer than before and properly upright. Now you have gone over our bed with a fine toothed comb, all sections are now secure, every bedknob tightened, and the bed looks and feels wonderful to be in again! We are very, very happy with your work and considering we have owned our bed since 1987, wish we had contacted you sooner for the renovation work. I will recommend you to anyone seeking repair or renovation to their antique bed. Great job, Dan!Peter and Sue Iffland
- ‘What an amazing company. I found the Victorian brass bedstead co. by chance online and from the minute I called they were brilliant. I had two aged decrepit family brass beds that many people said I should throw away but the minute I spoke to Toria she assured me lots could be done to restore their glory, and restore their glory Dan did. They recommended a reasonably priced courier to collect and deliver and over Christmas worked their magic with such craftsmanship as you rarely see these days. About 6 weeks later I had a call to say they were ready and a week later my beautiful beds were returned. They even replaced the irons (because I would have needed an irregular size mattress!) Thank you so much to Toria and her brother. If you are thinking about throwing out/refurbishing or buying a brass bed please visit these guys first. ‘ Lise Thorne
- I was looking for a brass bed restorer to do some minor restoration work on my Victorian cast iron/brass bed. By luck Victorian Brass Bedstead Company was the nearest to me. Toria took my initial call and was able to arrange for the work to be done even though it was quite minor and not a full restoration. She also recommended a removalist to transport my bed from London to Sussex. My dealings with Toria and Dan during the work was professional, friendly and ultimately resulted in a splendid restoration. Toria and Dan kept me up to date with my bed's progress and stuck to their original quote. Phil the recommended transporter was equally impressive. I have no hesitation at all in recommending this company and will return for more work in the future. Melinda Anderson