About the Victorian Brass Bedstead Company
We believe purchasing a bed to be a very personal experience, we welcome a visit from you, although catalogues and the powerful graphics on a website give fairly accurate descriptions “beauty is in the eye of the beholder”.
Please contact us to make an appointment. We can supply detailed photographs of the beds on display, but your involvement is very important. We have over 40 years of experience and have sold hundreds of beds to suit all tastes and styles. The vast majority of our beds are antique but we do offer some bespoke lines which can be seen in our showroom. We also offer a restoration service. We have a foundry and workshop and can restore damaged beds to their original condition.
Based in the heart of West Sussex, The Victorian Brass Bedstead Company restore bedsteads to their original glory. Most of these date from 1870 to 1925 and are sourced from all over the world, although originally manufactured in the Midlands. Each one is an original, unique piece.
The Victorian Brass Bedstead Company mainly deals in original bedsteads and offers a comprehensive restoration service. Whether you have found a bedstead from our vast stock or have an existing bedstead that requires refurbishment we can assist.
What Our Customers Say
- Miriam CoeI am absolutely delighted with what you have done with my bed. It just feels so much stronger. It might even last another 100 years. Thank you so very much. It has been such a pleasure dealing with you.
- “Just wanted to let you know we are very pleased to have our bed back. We are delighted with the refurbishment and finding the bed very comfortable with the new sprung base. Many thanks to you and your brother for the excellent service you provided.”William and Anthea Mason.
- “Dan and the team at Victorian Brass Beds were fantastic. I am so happy with the results, it is better than I ever could of imagined. They kept me updated all the way through the process explaining the various opinions available and gave me a cost of each option too. I used a courier service to get it to and from them which they recommended and that was fantastic too, so easy I purchased my bed off facebook marketplace for £100, it was in a sorry state, now I have a stunning piece of furniture which is actually worth something. I would thoroughly recommend.” Edward Nichols
- Peter PlantIn the end it was the testimonials that sold me on asking Dan to restore my brass bed and so here’s another one to add to them. I did indeed buy my bed years ago from a junk shop for £100 and stuck it it in the shed convinced I would have it restored some day. I did indeed, after re-inspecting it two months ago, decide to forget about restoration, take it to the recycling centre and forget about it. I did indeed stop and reconsider my decision when the dude at the centre said “Hey that could be a nice bed”. The rest is history. It looks superb. Thanks Dan. (And thanks for taking the trouble to chase me a mile up the road in the summer heat when I forgot to load the irons into the van!)
- Good afternoon, thanks for the opportunity of expressing our experience with your company. Both Linda and I have had the good fortune to have been a client of yours and Dan for many years , and in that time we have purchased both antique and bespoke beds , the service and craftsmanship is first class and we have absolutely no hesitation in recommending you to other prospective customers . I would once again thank you for your professionalism and wish you all the very best for the futureBill & Linda Salsano
- 'I am delighted with the restoration of my brass bed: it's a family heirloom and was rescued from a farmer's field in Wales for £1 in the 1970s and driven home on the roof of my parents Morris Minor. It spend many years in Cumbria as my childhood bed and was much loved but the brass rails were broken, the DIY paint job was 'patchy' (thanks Dad) and it needed a good overhaul. I've been looking for the right restoration team for years and I'm delighted that Dan has done such a brilliant job on it and gave it some TLC. It's now as good as the day it was made and even my dad admits it's a brilliant job. It's now fit for another generation and remains a much loved item in our family's history."Kitty Buchanan-Gregory