About the Victorian Brass Bedstead Company
We believe purchasing a bed to be a very personal experience, we welcome a visit from you, although catalogues and the powerful graphics on a website give fairly accurate descriptions “beauty is in the eye of the beholder”.
Please contact us to make an appointment. We can supply detailed photographs of the beds on display, but your involvement is very important. We have over 40 years of experience and have sold hundreds of beds to suit all tastes and styles. The vast majority of our beds are antique but we do offer some bespoke lines which can be seen in our showroom. We also offer a restoration service. We have a foundry and workshop and can restore damaged beds to their original condition.
Based in the heart of West Sussex, The Victorian Brass Bedstead Company restore bedsteads to their original glory. Most of these date from 1870 to 1925 and are sourced from all over the world, although originally manufactured in the Midlands. Each one is an original, unique piece.
The Victorian Brass Bedstead Company mainly deals in original bedsteads and offers a comprehensive restoration service. Whether you have found a bedstead from our vast stock or have an existing bedstead that requires refurbishment we can assist.
What Our Customers Say
- Just to say that Phil safely delivered our brass bed yesterday and Carolyn and I are thrilled with the result. After being in storage for many years and looking rather sad as a result, it is now looking magnificent and we are looking forward to it taking pride of place in one of our bedrooms. Please also pass on our thanks to Dan. Roger Taylor
- "Phil has just delivered so this email is to thank you for doing such a wonderful job on the bed, fantastic. It is the bed my wife had when she was a little girl and it means a lot to her. She is over-the-moon with it!"Bill
- Just wanted to drop you a note to say thank you for our beautiful bed. It arrived exactly as arranged this morning, and was up in a jiffy. I look forward to a good night's sleep later. Thanks again. Claire Green
- A great old-fashioned bedstead comes complete with great old-fashioned service! Gavin, Second Nature
- Over the years we have bought quite a few lovely old brass and iron beds from your company for our properties. You have also brilliantly repaired, modified and improved various junk shop finds for us. Nothing is ever too much trouble and nothing seems to be beyond your capabilities. Gillian Harwood
- ‘What an amazing company. I found the Victorian brass bedstead co. by chance online and from the minute I called they were brilliant. I had two aged decrepit family brass beds that many people said I should throw away but the minute I spoke to Toria she assured me lots could be done to restore their glory, and restore their glory Dan did. They recommended a reasonably priced courier to collect and deliver and over Christmas worked their magic with such craftsmanship as you rarely see these days. About 6 weeks later I had a call to say they were ready and a week later my beautiful beds were returned. They even replaced the irons (because I would have needed an irregular size mattress!) Thank you so much to Toria and her brother. If you are thinking about throwing out/refurbishing or buying a brass bed please visit these guys first. ‘ Lise Thorne