About the Victorian Brass Bedstead Company
We believe purchasing a bed to be a very personal experience, we welcome a visit from you, although catalogues and the powerful graphics on a website give fairly accurate descriptions “beauty is in the eye of the beholder”.
Please contact us to make an appointment. We can supply detailed photographs of the beds on display, but your involvement is very important. We have over 40 years of experience and have sold hundreds of beds to suit all tastes and styles. The vast majority of our beds are antique but we do offer some bespoke lines which can be seen in our showroom. We also offer a restoration service. We have a foundry and workshop and can restore damaged beds to their original condition.
Based in the heart of West Sussex, The Victorian Brass Bedstead Company restore bedsteads to their original glory. Most of these date from 1870 to 1925 and are sourced from all over the world, although originally manufactured in the Midlands. Each one is an original, unique piece.
The Victorian Brass Bedstead Company mainly deals in original bedsteads and offers a comprehensive restoration service. Whether you have found a bedstead from our vast stock or have an existing bedstead that requires refurbishment we can assist.
What Our Customers Say
- We have been buying beds from Toria and her father before her for over twenty years now. They have a brilliant selection, give expert advice and are a pleasure to deal with. Dan can also alter old beds so that they are turned into king or super-king size without it being possible to tell that they didn't start out like that. We have some really beautiful examples of old bedsteads from the Victorian Brass Bedstead Company and are so pleased to be able to give them a new lease of life. Mrs CJS, Surrey
- Wow Dan. Are you sure that’s my bed? It looks great. That bed means a lot to me. As I never tire of telling people it was my grandparents bed. My grandad died in it and my father was born in it. When I was small I used to sneak into the bed for a cuddle with my gran. Thanks so much for restoring it. It last looked that good 100 years ago.Jill James
- “Dan and the team at Victorian Brass Beds were fantastic. I am so happy with the results, it is better than I ever could of imagined. They kept me updated all the way through the process explaining the various opinions available and gave me a cost of each option too. I used a courier service to get it to and from them which they recommended and that was fantastic too, so easy I purchased my bed off facebook marketplace for £100, it was in a sorry state, now I have a stunning piece of furniture which is actually worth something. I would thoroughly recommend.” Edward Nichols
- ‘What an amazing company. I found the Victorian brass bedstead co. by chance online and from the minute I called they were brilliant. I had two aged decrepit family brass beds that many people said I should throw away but the minute I spoke to Toria she assured me lots could be done to restore their glory, and restore their glory Dan did. They recommended a reasonably priced courier to collect and deliver and over Christmas worked their magic with such craftsmanship as you rarely see these days. About 6 weeks later I had a call to say they were ready and a week later my beautiful beds were returned. They even replaced the irons (because I would have needed an irregular size mattress!) Thank you so much to Toria and her brother. If you are thinking about throwing out/refurbishing or buying a brass bed please visit these guys first. ‘ Lise Thorne
- “Just wanted to let you know we are very pleased to have our bed back. We are delighted with the refurbishment and finding the bed very comfortable with the new sprung base. Many thanks to you and your brother for the excellent service you provided.”William and Anthea Mason.
- Over the years we have bought quite a few lovely old brass and iron beds from your company for our properties. You have also brilliantly repaired, modified and improved various junk shop finds for us. Nothing is ever too much trouble and nothing seems to be beyond your capabilities. Gillian Harwood