Welcome to The Victorian Brass Bedstead Company
Deep in the heart of West Sussex nestled on the edge of the Southdown’s national park, The Victorian brass bedstead company has been ceaselessly restoring all manner of metal beds for the last 39 years.
With a vast experience and extensive knowledge we, a small family firm pride ourselves on our ability to produce bedsteads renovated to the highest standard.
Be those our own beds for sale or that of clients using our restoration services.
What Our Customers Say...
- Dan was so helpful to me when I was ordering a bespoke base for my antique French bed. He really went the extra mile with advice. The base is perfect and great quality. I wouldn't hesitate to use this company again.Jane Heather-May
- Peter PlantIn the end it was the testimonials that sold me on asking Dan to restore my brass bed and so here’s another one to add to them. I did indeed buy my bed years ago from a junk shop for £100 and stuck it it in the shed convinced I would have it restored some day. I did indeed, after re-inspecting it two months ago, decide to forget about restoration, take it to the recycling centre and forget about it. I did indeed stop and reconsider my decision when the dude at the centre said “Hey that could be a nice bed”. The rest is history. It looks superb. Thanks Dan. (And thanks for taking the trouble to chase me a mile up the road in the summer heat when I forgot to load the irons into the van!)
- “We decided to take our beloved brass and iron bed down to Sussex and meet up with Toria and Dan and we were able to see the high quality of restoration they perform on old and tired beds.Within a few minutes Dan was able to give us an estimate on the work he would suggest he do on our bed, we also had a tight timeline to have it finished which Dan kindly took in his stride. When the bed was delivered back to us we were delighted with the detail and craftsmanship. If anyone has a brass and iron bed requiring some love and attention, Dan and Toria at The Victorian Brass Bed Company are the people to contact”Graham & Sarah
- I was looking for a brass bed restorer to do some minor restoration work on my Victorian cast iron/brass bed. By luck Victorian Brass Bedstead Company was the nearest to me. Toria took my initial call and was able to arrange for the work to be done even though it was quite minor and not a full restoration. She also recommended a removalist to transport my bed from London to Sussex. My dealings with Toria and Dan during the work was professional, friendly and ultimately resulted in a splendid restoration. Toria and Dan kept me up to date with my bed's progress and stuck to their original quote. Phil the recommended transporter was equally impressive. I have no hesitation at all in recommending this company and will return for more work in the future. Melinda Anderson
- “Dan and the team at Victorian Brass Beds were fantastic. I am so happy with the results, it is better than I ever could of imagined. They kept me updated all the way through the process explaining the various opinions available and gave me a cost of each option too. I used a courier service to get it to and from them which they recommended and that was fantastic too, so easy I purchased my bed off facebook marketplace for £100, it was in a sorry state, now I have a stunning piece of furniture which is actually worth something. I would thoroughly recommend.” Edward Nichols
- Wow, Dan, that is so beautiful. Thank you so much. You’ve done a brilliant job. I showed my Mum your photo of the refurbished bed - the bed belonged to her grandparents originally - and she exclaimed ‘it never looked as good as that in my lifetime!!’ We’re all so pleased with your work, thank you again.Katy Judd