Welcome to The Victorian Brass Bedstead Company
Deep in the heart of West Sussex nestled on the edge of the Southdown’s national park, The Victorian brass bedstead company has been ceaselessly restoring all manner of metal beds for the last 39 years.
With a vast experience and extensive knowledge we, a small family firm pride ourselves on our ability to produce bedsteads renovated to the highest standard.
Be those our own beds for sale or that of clients using our restoration services.
What Our Customers Say...
- GailThank you so much for putting new castors on my brass bed, it is so good to have it back and all the pictures on the wall finally look straight!Have a lovely Christmas and a busy and prosperous 2020.
- “Liz and I wanted to write to you to say how delighted we were with the bed you sold to us recently. We really enjoyed the day we visited your amazing barn to look at all of the beds and were amazed to find that we both agreed on the same bed within minutes of arriving but Liz still insisted on looking at the entire stock. You had all the answers in terms of sprung bed bases and mattresses and also fitted the old fashioned casters we wanted . We are delighted with the bed and your excellent service and will recommend you to all our friends”Alan Knight OBE & Liz Varney
- Dan was so helpful to me when I was ordering a bespoke base for my antique French bed. He really went the extra mile with advice. The base is perfect and great quality. I wouldn't hesitate to use this company again.Jane Heather-May
- 'I am delighted with the restoration of my brass bed: it's a family heirloom and was rescued from a farmer's field in Wales for £1 in the 1970s and driven home on the roof of my parents Morris Minor. It spend many years in Cumbria as my childhood bed and was much loved but the brass rails were broken, the DIY paint job was 'patchy' (thanks Dad) and it needed a good overhaul. I've been looking for the right restoration team for years and I'm delighted that Dan has done such a brilliant job on it and gave it some TLC. It's now as good as the day it was made and even my dad admits it's a brilliant job. It's now fit for another generation and remains a much loved item in our family's history."Kitty Buchanan-Gregory
- “We decided to take our beloved brass and iron bed down to Sussex and meet up with Toria and Dan and we were able to see the high quality of restoration they perform on old and tired beds.Within a few minutes Dan was able to give us an estimate on the work he would suggest he do on our bed, we also had a tight timeline to have it finished which Dan kindly took in his stride. When the bed was delivered back to us we were delighted with the detail and craftsmanship. If anyone has a brass and iron bed requiring some love and attention, Dan and Toria at The Victorian Brass Bed Company are the people to contact”Graham & Sarah
- Just wanted to drop you a note to say thank you for our beautiful bed. It arrived exactly as arranged this morning, and was up in a jiffy. I look forward to a good night's sleep later. Thanks again. Claire Green