Welcome to The Victorian Brass Bedstead Company
Deep in the heart of West Sussex nestled on the edge of the Southdown’s national park, The Victorian brass bedstead company has been ceaselessly restoring all manner of metal beds for the last 39 years.
With a vast experience and extensive knowledge we, a small family firm pride ourselves on our ability to produce bedsteads renovated to the highest standard.
Be those our own beds for sale or that of clients using our restoration services.
What Our Customers Say...
- Over the years we have bought quite a few lovely old brass and iron beds from your company for our properties. You have also brilliantly repaired, modified and improved various junk shop finds for us. Nothing is ever too much trouble and nothing seems to be beyond your capabilities. Gillian Harwood
- A great old-fashioned bedstead comes complete with great old-fashioned service! Gavin, Second Nature
- Sue Danson
"Many thanks, Dan. I’m thrilled with the bed and all your work in restoring it so beautifully. The colour is perfect and I don’t ever remember the brass being so shiny! Appreciate the way you always advised me without pushing and replied to emails so speedily. It felt like I was talking to you face to face. I was nervous sending you a bed of such sentimental value, but I needn’t have worried. I now know it couldn’t have been better cared for if it had been your own. Phil, the courier was reliable too. He must have left home at about 5am to get to us so early! Definitely recommend everything about Victorian Brass Beds."
- "I am delighted with my restored bedframe. I’ve used it for 20 years with bits of brass missing and dented and it is a real joy to have it restored in such a sympathetic way. I loved visiting Dan’s showroom in Sussex and could have spent an hour or two looking through his stock of beds – but I don’t need another one! Dan has good stocks of parts to replace missing knobs etc. and the paintwork to the iron part if beautifully done.. Dan recommended Phil the courier to deliver and return my finished bed frame and that too was a really excellent service. Dan has been a pleasure to deal with."Penny Shapland-chew
- ‘What an amazing company. I found the Victorian brass bedstead co. by chance online and from the minute I called they were brilliant. I had two aged decrepit family brass beds that many people said I should throw away but the minute I spoke to Toria she assured me lots could be done to restore their glory, and restore their glory Dan did. They recommended a reasonably priced courier to collect and deliver and over Christmas worked their magic with such craftsmanship as you rarely see these days. About 6 weeks later I had a call to say they were ready and a week later my beautiful beds were returned. They even replaced the irons (because I would have needed an irregular size mattress!) Thank you so much to Toria and her brother. If you are thinking about throwing out/refurbishing or buying a brass bed please visit these guys first. ‘ Lise Thorne
- We bought a new bed base for our brass bed which had become creaky. Lots of help and advice on measuring and suitability from Dan over the phone. I felt confident to order and he gave us the contact for delivery, which was quick and efficient. Within one week, the well fitting base was in place and we have no more problems, extremely pleased.Joan CornwellBarnes London