Welcome to The Victorian Brass Bedstead Company
Deep in the heart of West Sussex nestled on the edge of the Southdown’s national park, The Victorian brass bedstead company has been ceaselessly restoring all manner of metal beds for the last 39 years.
With a vast experience and extensive knowledge we, a small family firm pride ourselves on our ability to produce bedsteads renovated to the highest standard.
Be those our own beds for sale or that of clients using our restoration services.
What Our Customers Say...
- Over the years we have bought quite a few lovely old brass and iron beds from your company for our properties. You have also brilliantly repaired, modified and improved various junk shop finds for us. Nothing is ever too much trouble and nothing seems to be beyond your capabilities. Gillian Harwood
- GailThank you so much for putting new castors on my brass bed, it is so good to have it back and all the pictures on the wall finally look straight!Have a lovely Christmas and a busy and prosperous 2020.
- Sue Danson
"Many thanks, Dan. I’m thrilled with the bed and all your work in restoring it so beautifully. The colour is perfect and I don’t ever remember the brass being so shiny! Appreciate the way you always advised me without pushing and replied to emails so speedily. It felt like I was talking to you face to face. I was nervous sending you a bed of such sentimental value, but I needn’t have worried. I now know it couldn’t have been better cared for if it had been your own. Phil, the courier was reliable too. He must have left home at about 5am to get to us so early! Definitely recommend everything about Victorian Brass Beds."
- Wow Dan. Are you sure that’s my bed? It looks great. That bed means a lot to me. As I never tire of telling people it was my grandparents bed. My grandad died in it and my father was born in it. When I was small I used to sneak into the bed for a cuddle with my gran. Thanks so much for restoring it. It last looked that good 100 years ago.Jill James
- 'I am delighted with the restoration of my brass bed: it's a family heirloom and was rescued from a farmer's field in Wales for £1 in the 1970s and driven home on the roof of my parents Morris Minor. It spend many years in Cumbria as my childhood bed and was much loved but the brass rails were broken, the DIY paint job was 'patchy' (thanks Dad) and it needed a good overhaul. I've been looking for the right restoration team for years and I'm delighted that Dan has done such a brilliant job on it and gave it some TLC. It's now as good as the day it was made and even my dad admits it's a brilliant job. It's now fit for another generation and remains a much loved item in our family's history."Kitty Buchanan-Gregory
- Having had time to sleep this week in my newly renovated bed, I just wanted to say: Having been initially distraught over the damage caused to our victorian brass bed during our recent house move, what a fantastic job you have done in repairing it! The 2 replacement knuckles to the side irons are a lovely tight fit, and the bed now sits squarer than before and properly upright. Now you have gone over our bed with a fine toothed comb, all sections are now secure, every bedknob tightened, and the bed looks and feels wonderful to be in again! We are very, very happy with your work and considering we have owned our bed since 1987, wish we had contacted you sooner for the renovation work. I will recommend you to anyone seeking repair or renovation to their antique bed. Great job, Dan!Peter and Sue Iffland