Welcome to The Victorian Brass Bedstead Company
Deep in the heart of West Sussex nestled on the edge of the Southdown’s national park, The Victorian brass bedstead company has been ceaselessly restoring all manner of metal beds for the last 39 years.
With a vast experience and extensive knowledge we, a small family firm pride ourselves on our ability to produce bedsteads renovated to the highest standard.
Be those our own beds for sale or that of clients using our restoration services.
What Our Customers Say...
- I was looking for a brass bed restorer to do some minor restoration work on my Victorian cast iron/brass bed. By luck Victorian Brass Bedstead Company was the nearest to me. Toria took my initial call and was able to arrange for the work to be done even though it was quite minor and not a full restoration. She also recommended a removalist to transport my bed from London to Sussex. My dealings with Toria and Dan during the work was professional, friendly and ultimately resulted in a splendid restoration. Toria and Dan kept me up to date with my bed's progress and stuck to their original quote. Phil the recommended transporter was equally impressive. I have no hesitation at all in recommending this company and will return for more work in the future. Melinda Anderson
- 'I am delighted with the restoration of my brass bed: it's a family heirloom and was rescued from a farmer's field in Wales for £1 in the 1970s and driven home on the roof of my parents Morris Minor. It spend many years in Cumbria as my childhood bed and was much loved but the brass rails were broken, the DIY paint job was 'patchy' (thanks Dad) and it needed a good overhaul. I've been looking for the right restoration team for years and I'm delighted that Dan has done such a brilliant job on it and gave it some TLC. It's now as good as the day it was made and even my dad admits it's a brilliant job. It's now fit for another generation and remains a much loved item in our family's history."Kitty Buchanan-Gregory
- I love my Art Deco bed from the Victorian Brass Bedstead Company, and it's added loads of character to my bedroom. Helen Scott
- Miriam CoeI am absolutely delighted with what you have done with my bed. It just feels so much stronger. It might even last another 100 years. Thank you so very much. It has been such a pleasure dealing with you.
- “Liz and I wanted to write to you to say how delighted we were with the bed you sold to us recently. We really enjoyed the day we visited your amazing barn to look at all of the beds and were amazed to find that we both agreed on the same bed within minutes of arriving but Liz still insisted on looking at the entire stock. You had all the answers in terms of sprung bed bases and mattresses and also fitted the old fashioned casters we wanted . We are delighted with the bed and your excellent service and will recommend you to all our friends”Alan Knight OBE & Liz Varney
- “We decided to take our beloved brass and iron bed down to Sussex and meet up with Toria and Dan and we were able to see the high quality of restoration they perform on old and tired beds.Within a few minutes Dan was able to give us an estimate on the work he would suggest he do on our bed, we also had a tight timeline to have it finished which Dan kindly took in his stride. When the bed was delivered back to us we were delighted with the detail and craftsmanship. If anyone has a brass and iron bed requiring some love and attention, Dan and Toria at The Victorian Brass Bed Company are the people to contact”Graham & Sarah