Welcome to The Victorian Brass Bedstead Company
Deep in the heart of West Sussex nestled on the edge of the Southdown’s national park, The Victorian brass bedstead company has been ceaselessly restoring all manner of metal beds for the last 39 years.
With a vast experience and extensive knowledge we, a small family firm pride ourselves on our ability to produce bedsteads renovated to the highest standard.
Be those our own beds for sale or that of clients using our restoration services.
What Our Customers Say...
- My son fitted the base onto my beautifully restored bed this morning. It’s now sturdy, pristine, shiny and polished and so comfortable. I can’t Thank you enough for such a fantastic job. So glad I opted to restore rather than buy a new one. I would recommend your service to anyone thinking of restoring their old brass bed as they wouldn’t be disappointedTrudy
- “Dan and the team at Victorian Brass Beds were fantastic. I am so happy with the results, it is better than I ever could of imagined. They kept me updated all the way through the process explaining the various opinions available and gave me a cost of each option too. I used a courier service to get it to and from them which they recommended and that was fantastic too, so easy I purchased my bed off facebook marketplace for £100, it was in a sorry state, now I have a stunning piece of furniture which is actually worth something. I would thoroughly recommend.” Edward Nichols
- We have been buying beds from Toria and her father before her for over twenty years now. They have a brilliant selection, give expert advice and are a pleasure to deal with. Dan can also alter old beds so that they are turned into king or super-king size without it being possible to tell that they didn't start out like that. We have some really beautiful examples of old bedsteads from the Victorian Brass Bedstead Company and are so pleased to be able to give them a new lease of life. Mrs CJS, Surrey
- Peter PlantIn the end it was the testimonials that sold me on asking Dan to restore my brass bed and so here’s another one to add to them. I did indeed buy my bed years ago from a junk shop for £100 and stuck it it in the shed convinced I would have it restored some day. I did indeed, after re-inspecting it two months ago, decide to forget about restoration, take it to the recycling centre and forget about it. I did indeed stop and reconsider my decision when the dude at the centre said “Hey that could be a nice bed”. The rest is history. It looks superb. Thanks Dan. (And thanks for taking the trouble to chase me a mile up the road in the summer heat when I forgot to load the irons into the van!)
- GailThank you so much for putting new castors on my brass bed, it is so good to have it back and all the pictures on the wall finally look straight!Have a lovely Christmas and a busy and prosperous 2020.
- Over the years we have bought quite a few lovely old brass and iron beds from your company for our properties. You have also brilliantly repaired, modified and improved various junk shop finds for us. Nothing is ever too much trouble and nothing seems to be beyond your capabilities. Gillian Harwood