Welcome to The Victorian Brass Bedstead Company
Deep in the heart of West Sussex nestled on the edge of the Southdown’s national park, The Victorian brass bedstead company has been ceaselessly restoring all manner of metal beds for the last 39 years.
With a vast experience and extensive knowledge we, a small family firm pride ourselves on our ability to produce bedsteads renovated to the highest standard.
Be those our own beds for sale or that of clients using our restoration services.
What Our Customers Say...
- Having had time to sleep this week in my newly renovated bed, I just wanted to say: Having been initially distraught over the damage caused to our victorian brass bed during our recent house move, what a fantastic job you have done in repairing it! The 2 replacement knuckles to the side irons are a lovely tight fit, and the bed now sits squarer than before and properly upright. Now you have gone over our bed with a fine toothed comb, all sections are now secure, every bedknob tightened, and the bed looks and feels wonderful to be in again! We are very, very happy with your work and considering we have owned our bed since 1987, wish we had contacted you sooner for the renovation work. I will recommend you to anyone seeking repair or renovation to their antique bed. Great job, Dan!Peter and Sue Iffland
- What a wonderful selection of victorian beds and an amazing showroom to visit. Would highly recommend, a GREAT experience! Lorna Short
- Peter PlantIn the end it was the testimonials that sold me on asking Dan to restore my brass bed and so here’s another one to add to them. I did indeed buy my bed years ago from a junk shop for £100 and stuck it it in the shed convinced I would have it restored some day. I did indeed, after re-inspecting it two months ago, decide to forget about restoration, take it to the recycling centre and forget about it. I did indeed stop and reconsider my decision when the dude at the centre said “Hey that could be a nice bed”. The rest is history. It looks superb. Thanks Dan. (And thanks for taking the trouble to chase me a mile up the road in the summer heat when I forgot to load the irons into the van!)
- Bed safely arrived. We are absolutely delighted with the result and cannot praise your work highly enough. Many many thanks, and wishing you well for the season and beyondMark and Sue
- Wow Dan. Are you sure that’s my bed? It looks great. That bed means a lot to me. As I never tire of telling people it was my grandparents bed. My grandad died in it and my father was born in it. When I was small I used to sneak into the bed for a cuddle with my gran. Thanks so much for restoring it. It last looked that good 100 years ago.Jill James
- GailThank you so much for putting new castors on my brass bed, it is so good to have it back and all the pictures on the wall finally look straight!Have a lovely Christmas and a busy and prosperous 2020.