Welcome to The Victorian Brass Bedstead Company
Deep in the heart of West Sussex nestled on the edge of the Southdown’s national park, The Victorian brass bedstead company has been ceaselessly restoring all manner of metal beds for the last 39 years.
With a vast experience and extensive knowledge we, a small family firm pride ourselves on our ability to produce bedsteads renovated to the highest standard.
Be those our own beds for sale or that of clients using our restoration services.
What Our Customers Say...
- Wow, Dan, that is so beautiful. Thank you so much. You’ve done a brilliant job. I showed my Mum your photo of the refurbished bed - the bed belonged to her grandparents originally - and she exclaimed ‘it never looked as good as that in my lifetime!!’ We’re all so pleased with your work, thank you again.Katy Judd
- A great old-fashioned bedstead comes complete with great old-fashioned service! Gavin, Second Nature
- We would like to say thank you for our wonderful new victorian restored bed, it is fantastic, the workmanship, quality, and your customer service , we are very pleased indeed, you are the BEST!!! Joan and Peter Flinn
- 'I am delighted with the restoration of my brass bed: it's a family heirloom and was rescued from a farmer's field in Wales for £1 in the 1970s and driven home on the roof of my parents Morris Minor. It spend many years in Cumbria as my childhood bed and was much loved but the brass rails were broken, the DIY paint job was 'patchy' (thanks Dad) and it needed a good overhaul. I've been looking for the right restoration team for years and I'm delighted that Dan has done such a brilliant job on it and gave it some TLC. It's now as good as the day it was made and even my dad admits it's a brilliant job. It's now fit for another generation and remains a much loved item in our family's history."Kitty Buchanan-Gregory
- Peter PlantIn the end it was the testimonials that sold me on asking Dan to restore my brass bed and so here’s another one to add to them. I did indeed buy my bed years ago from a junk shop for £100 and stuck it it in the shed convinced I would have it restored some day. I did indeed, after re-inspecting it two months ago, decide to forget about restoration, take it to the recycling centre and forget about it. I did indeed stop and reconsider my decision when the dude at the centre said “Hey that could be a nice bed”. The rest is history. It looks superb. Thanks Dan. (And thanks for taking the trouble to chase me a mile up the road in the summer heat when I forgot to load the irons into the van!)
- "I am delighted with my restored bedframe. I’ve used it for 20 years with bits of brass missing and dented and it is a real joy to have it restored in such a sympathetic way. I loved visiting Dan’s showroom in Sussex and could have spent an hour or two looking through his stock of beds – but I don’t need another one! Dan has good stocks of parts to replace missing knobs etc. and the paintwork to the iron part if beautifully done.. Dan recommended Phil the courier to deliver and return my finished bed frame and that too was a really excellent service. Dan has been a pleasure to deal with."Penny Shapland-chew