Welcome to The Victorian Brass Bedstead Company
Deep in the heart of West Sussex nestled on the edge of the Southdown’s national park, The Victorian brass bedstead company has been ceaselessly restoring all manner of metal beds for the last 39 years.
With a vast experience and extensive knowledge we, a small family firm pride ourselves on our ability to produce bedsteads renovated to the highest standard.
Be those our own beds for sale or that of clients using our restoration services.
What Our Customers Say...
- We bought a new bed base for our brass bed which had become creaky. Lots of help and advice on measuring and suitability from Dan over the phone. I felt confident to order and he gave us the contact for delivery, which was quick and efficient. Within one week, the well fitting base was in place and we have no more problems, extremely pleased.Joan CornwellBarnes London
- Having had time to sleep this week in my newly renovated bed, I just wanted to say: Having been initially distraught over the damage caused to our victorian brass bed during our recent house move, what a fantastic job you have done in repairing it! The 2 replacement knuckles to the side irons are a lovely tight fit, and the bed now sits squarer than before and properly upright. Now you have gone over our bed with a fine toothed comb, all sections are now secure, every bedknob tightened, and the bed looks and feels wonderful to be in again! We are very, very happy with your work and considering we have owned our bed since 1987, wish we had contacted you sooner for the renovation work. I will recommend you to anyone seeking repair or renovation to their antique bed. Great job, Dan!Peter and Sue Iffland
- I am delighted with my brass bed now that it has been restored to its former gloryFrances Travers
- GailThank you so much for putting new castors on my brass bed, it is so good to have it back and all the pictures on the wall finally look straight!Have a lovely Christmas and a busy and prosperous 2020.
- I was looking for a brass bed restorer to do some minor restoration work on my Victorian cast iron/brass bed. By luck Victorian Brass Bedstead Company was the nearest to me. Toria took my initial call and was able to arrange for the work to be done even though it was quite minor and not a full restoration. She also recommended a removalist to transport my bed from London to Sussex. My dealings with Toria and Dan during the work was professional, friendly and ultimately resulted in a splendid restoration. Toria and Dan kept me up to date with my bed's progress and stuck to their original quote. Phil the recommended transporter was equally impressive. I have no hesitation at all in recommending this company and will return for more work in the future. Melinda Anderson
- Having bought our bed from the this company in 1985 we needed to replace the base. Fabulous help and great service and an even more comfy bed now. Great value for money Highly recommended. ThankyouMarcia Knight