About the Victorian Brass Bedstead Company
We believe purchasing a bed to be a very personal experience, we welcome a visit from you, although catalogues and the powerful graphics on a website give fairly accurate descriptions “beauty is in the eye of the beholder”.
Please contact us to make an appointment. We can supply detailed photographs of the beds on display, but your involvement is very important. We have over 40 years of experience and have sold hundreds of beds to suit all tastes and styles. The vast majority of our beds are antique but we do offer some bespoke lines which can be seen in our showroom. We also offer a restoration service. We have a foundry and workshop and can restore damaged beds to their original condition.
Based in the heart of West Sussex, The Victorian Brass Bedstead Company restore bedsteads to their original glory. Most of these date from 1870 to 1925 and are sourced from all over the world, although originally manufactured in the Midlands. Each one is an original, unique piece.
The Victorian Brass Bedstead Company mainly deals in original bedsteads and offers a comprehensive restoration service. Whether you have found a bedstead from our vast stock or have an existing bedstead that requires refurbishment we can assist.
What Our Customers Say
- We would like to say thank you for our wonderful new victorian restored bed, it is fantastic, the workmanship, quality, and your customer service , we are very pleased indeed, you are the BEST!!! Joan and Peter Flinn
- I was looking for a brass bed restorer to do some minor restoration work on my Victorian cast iron/brass bed. By luck Victorian Brass Bedstead Company was the nearest to me. Toria took my initial call and was able to arrange for the work to be done even though it was quite minor and not a full restoration. She also recommended a removalist to transport my bed from London to Sussex. My dealings with Toria and Dan during the work was professional, friendly and ultimately resulted in a splendid restoration. Toria and Dan kept me up to date with my bed's progress and stuck to their original quote. Phil the recommended transporter was equally impressive. I have no hesitation at all in recommending this company and will return for more work in the future. Melinda Anderson
- I love my Art Deco bed from the Victorian Brass Bedstead Company, and it's added loads of character to my bedroom. Helen Scott
- “We decided to take our beloved brass and iron bed down to Sussex and meet up with Toria and Dan and we were able to see the high quality of restoration they perform on old and tired beds.Within a few minutes Dan was able to give us an estimate on the work he would suggest he do on our bed, we also had a tight timeline to have it finished which Dan kindly took in his stride. When the bed was delivered back to us we were delighted with the detail and craftsmanship. If anyone has a brass and iron bed requiring some love and attention, Dan and Toria at The Victorian Brass Bed Company are the people to contact”Graham & Sarah
- Just wanted to drop you a note to say thank you for our beautiful bed. It arrived exactly as arranged this morning, and was up in a jiffy. I look forward to a good night's sleep later. Thanks again. Claire Green
- ‘What an amazing company. I found the Victorian brass bedstead co. by chance online and from the minute I called they were brilliant. I had two aged decrepit family brass beds that many people said I should throw away but the minute I spoke to Toria she assured me lots could be done to restore their glory, and restore their glory Dan did. They recommended a reasonably priced courier to collect and deliver and over Christmas worked their magic with such craftsmanship as you rarely see these days. About 6 weeks later I had a call to say they were ready and a week later my beautiful beds were returned. They even replaced the irons (because I would have needed an irregular size mattress!) Thank you so much to Toria and her brother. If you are thinking about throwing out/refurbishing or buying a brass bed please visit these guys first. ‘ Lise Thorne